Manufactured from aluminum, it is lightweight yet durable. Also featuring a proprietary patent pending mounting, indexing and lock up system that mitigates 12:00 rail movement under heat generated from the barrel nut.
1.3" Inner Diameter
1.5" OUTSIDE flat to flat.
Handguard flares forward (towards muzzle end) at the 3 and 9 O'clock positions approximately 1/4"
The KMR Alpha is hardcoat anodized for corrosion resistance as well as to maintain a non-reflective finish.
The BCM KMR Alpha also allows for a larger range of modularity offering 4 different offset mounting positions between traditional 3,6,9, and 12:00 positions.
In the most basic of applications the KeyMod system allows for universal modularity between various manufacturers of accessories, and accessory rails. A big win for the trigger puller. As the industry advances the modular accessories will mount directly to the KeyMod instead of picatinny, allowing for a lighter, cleaner, and less bulky weapon system.
*Includes BCM KeyMod Sling Mount .
- 7" - 4.5 oz
- 8" - 4.9 oz
- 9" - 5.6 oz
- 10" - 6.2 oz
- 13" - 7.8 oz
- 15" - 8.6 oz
- Mounting Hardware: 2.4 oz
BCM MCMR (M-LOK® Compatible* Modular Rail) Handguard
Featuring the same industry leading barrel nut and lock up design as originally introduced on BCM's evolutionary KMR handguard, the MCMR Series of handguards gives the shooter modularity in the M-LOK® platform.
This proprietary patented mounting system (US Patent 8904691), includes a mechanical index to the 12:00 rail and positions mounting hardware to mitigate the movement caused by heat generated by the weapon system.
- MCMR features M-LOK® Compatible mounting system.
- Free Float Handguard eliminates loads from barrel, reducing the deflection for more accurate shooting.
- Precision Machined Aerospace 6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy, for high strength and lightweight.
- Proprietary engineered profile offers additional cross sectional strength.
- Steel Barrel Nut (same KMR, MCMR, and QRF series), to resist movement under heat.
- Hard Coat Anodized per Mil-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2
- Handguard mounting hardware 2.3 oz
- 1.3" Inside Diameter
- 1.5" Wide
- 7" - 4.8 oz
- 8" - 5.3 oz
- 9" - 5.9 oz
- 10" - 6.6 oz
- 13" - 8.2 oz
- 15" - 9.2 oz
- Mounting Hardware: 2.3 oz