The Magpul CTR (Compact/Type Restricted) - Mil-Spec model is a drop-in replacement buttstock for AR15 / M16 carbines using Mil-Spec sized receiver extension tubes. Designed for light, fast action, the streamlined A-frame profile avoids snagging and shields the release latch to prevent accidental activation.
The CTR also features a supplemental friction lock system that minimizes excessive stock movement for enhanced weapon stability and an ambidextrous QD sling mount that will accept any push-button sling swivel. The Mil-Spec model includes a standard 0.3" thick rubber butt-pad, which provides positive shoulder purchase to prevent slippage even with body armor or modular gear.
Made in U.S.A.
- * Mounts on mil-spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from manufacturers such as Colt, Armalite, S&W, LMT, and others (please see the note below)
- * Supplemental friction lock minimizes accuracy robbing wobble*
- * Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
- * Sloping cheek weld combines a slim profile with user comfort
- * Shielded release latch prevents snagging and accidental operation
- * Side mounting slots accept optional cheek risers for NON-AR15/M16 applications
- * Compatible with Magpul ASAP® and other receiver-mount sling attachments
- * Sling Mounts
- o Rear - Push-button QD sling mount accommodates up to 1.5" swivels (Ambidextrous)
- o Rear/Bottom - 1.25" sling loops
- o Toe - Lanyard hole for custom para-cord rigs
- Included Accessories**
- * Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.30" (Removable)
- Optional Accessories**
- * Extended Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.55"
- * Enhanced Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.70"
- * Cheek Risers (0.25", 0.50", 0.75" for NON-AR15/M16 applications)
- * CTR, Mil-Spec (w/ Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.30")
- o Weight, Stock: 0.55 lb.
- o Weight, w/ Rec. Extension: 0.86 lb.
- o Length, Stock: 6.90 in.
- o LOP Adjustment Range: 3.25 in.
- o LOP, M4 Collapsed: 10.70 in.
- o LOP, M4 Extended: 13.95 in.
There are two basic sizes of M4 Carbine receiver extensions (buffer tubes): mil-spec and commercial-spec. If you have a commercial-spec extension on your rifle, make sure to order the Commercial-Spec CTR.