Griffin Armament is proud to introduce DUAL-LOK™, our newest QD mounting system for rifle suppressors. The DUAL-LOK™ system is comprised from two components, the DUAL-LOK™ Mount or equipped suppressor and the DUAL-LOK™ muzzle device (of your choice). This page is for the DUAL-LOK™ HUB Mount, a 1.375x24 threaded interface.
A quality QD system should be accurate, robust, reliable, require minimal training, and be free of wear prone metal on metal teeth or ratchets, thereby guaranteeing a longer trouble free service life with minimal maintenance needed. Griffin’s DUAL-LOK™ QD mounting system was designed around these objectives.
What makes this mounting system unique? It is a combination of desirable mechanical features and performance characteristics in a lightweight, yet compact system. DUAL-LOK™ has great potential for widespread product application. A precision taper interface (one locking feature) between the mount and the device ensures accuracy. An ACME thread, provides speed and ease of attachment. A robust 17-7 Wave spring (718 inconel on integrated mount Griffin suppressors) provides a reliable and positive heat resistant spring action to the redundant locking collar (second locking feature). The locking collar is semi permanently installed to the mount via factory pressed grooved, stainless steel, taper pins. Since the mount has no wear prone metal on metal sliding actions like many other mounts, there is no need for the operator to disassemble the system. This locking ring includes three anti-rotation splines which ensure the suppressor will not come off inadvertently. The muzzle device integrates 60 machined mounting position grooves which is doubled by the mount’s two locking positions, hence the double entendre DUAL-LOK™. How is this achieved? The mounts’ two locking positions are machined out of phase of one another by 3 degrees which provides the 120 effective locking positions and ensures a tightly mounted and locked suppressor. When the suppressor is installed only one of the two positions will generally function by allowing the spring to push the locking collar rearward over the splines.
Substantial efforts are taken in the manufacturing and inspection of the DUAL-LOK™ products to ensure Griffin customers are outfitted with the best QD mounting systems available.
- Diameter: 1.5" [unit], with 1.375x24 [threads]
- OAL: 1.7"
- Weight: 3.0 ounces
- Materials: 17-4PH stainless steel, 17-7 stainless spring steel
- Finish: Black Nitride
- Utility patent is pending
- Wear free mounting system, requires no consumable parts
- Taper lock interface ensures security and accuracy
- ACME thread provides speed of attachment
- Locking ring incorporates 3 anti-rotation splines to eliminate inadvertent loosening
- 120 effective positions ensure a rock-solid suppressor mount and provide extremely low POI shift
- 17-4 stainless steel
- Robust wave spring
- 2 Locking positions and a central unlock position
- Nitrided black for increased surface hardness, corrosion, and wear resistance
- DUAL-LOK™ Minimalist Brake
- DUAL-LOK™ Minimalist Stealth Flash Suppressor
- DUAL-LOK™ Paladin® Brake
- DUAL-LOK™ Stealth Flash Suppressor (2.25")
- DUAL-LOK™ Tactical Compensator
- DUAL-LOK™ Titanium Minimalist Brake (6AL4V)
- Griffin Bushwhacker®, EXPLORR® EU (Utility) models, & other 1.375x24 threaded suppressors